fam

fam

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sissy's Baptism

After Katie's Baptism
Hermione Marie 6.5 yrs, Katie, Charlotte Shannon 12 mo, Abbygail Jean 2.5 yrs, Me, and Aiden Jay 4.5 yrs

Happy Family

Katie is one of my best friends from high school. We met in tenth grade and have been friends ever since. In May of 2008 she text me telling me she was pregnant. She was living with the baby's father but wasn't married yet. She told me if I didn't want to be her friend anymore she understood why. I text her back congratulations and asked when she was due. From that point on we became more than just friends we became family.
Since then I've welcomed four little girls and one sweet boy into my heart. This past Fall Katie became a single mother and was left with out a job and alone with four children under the age of six. The church stepped in and helped her put food on the table and get the necessities for her and her beautiful children. She started taking the missionary discussions and phoned me while I was attending school in march about possibly being baptized. There was only one problem. Her fear of water. 
 Finally after my graduation I received a text asking me what I was doing May 18. I replied nothing and she sent would you like to see me get baptized? I was ecstatic! I instantly told my whole family and we decided to all go to support Katie. That day to make the preparation a bit easier I took Aiden and Charlie with me to get them ready at Auntie Shan's house. We met Katie at the stake center with my family in tow. It was a beautiful ceremony and I'm so proud of Sissy. 

1 comment: