fam

fam

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Septimus

Septimus who we affectionately call Seppy
So Sunday while Hoho and I were out running errands for Pops Davy called me. Now growing up our parents have been great at letting us have pets. We've probably had over a dozen different pet rats. It started with my rat Frisky I had over 16 years ago. Now my pet rat days are long over seeing how I spent the last two years in Ogden finishing up my Bachelors. My younger brothers however got them almost immediately after returning from their missions.
  Holding theirs (which are all females) was enough to crave my need for small fuzzy creatures. After my rabbit died over two years ago I vowed my next animal (besides my beta fish Loki) would be a dog after I graduated College. So When Davy called me I knew something was up. He took in Silky and Katie for our friends Michael and Rochelle. Now a new member in our ward needed some one to take her rat because she had been suffering from some medical conditions and didn't have time for him.
 Now I have extremely sensitive skin and male rats give me hives. My bro told me that if I didn't take him he would have to go to the humane society. So I took him and hoped that as long as I was vigilant in washing my hands after touching him/holding him it wouldn't be a problem.
20 minutes of holding Seppy results in hives up and down my arms...
 Unfortunately skin to skin contact with my new little friend is a no no. So every time I let him out I put on long sleeves and presto hives free. If he weren't so affectionate and so darn cute it would be lots easier to make my brothers take care over him. It is nice to have a little critter again I just have to remember to keep my arms covered. Welcome to the rat pack Seppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment