fam

fam

Saturday, August 18, 2012

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

This summer has not been very loving in the wild fire department. Utah has seen many wild fires this hot, dry summer. Saturday morning Pops, Kev and I went to Heber to have breakfast with Heidi and her brother who was visiting from Vegas. I stayed after and helped sissy tidy her house and pick a present for a baby shower that afternoon.
   As we left Heber around 2:30 we ran into this at Jordanelle resivoir. A fire had started and already burned acres of land down towards the water and towards the highway. It took Hoho and I 20 minutes to drive through the smoke. By the time we made it to Park City we smelt smokey and were coughing something fierce. It never jumped the highway and we are thankful they got it under control. It makes for some nasty air quality though...

1 comment:

  1. That is scary! And I hate the smell of smoke in your hair and clothes. Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete