My sister Heidi has always been a compassionate, loving, selfless person. The people in her ward refer to her as "Pixie" because she is always doing something to help or support others. There is nothing she likes more then the happiness of others. Back in November her best friend of over 30 years called her and informed her that she had breast cancer. Two weeks before Christmas she had a double mastectomy and in January she started chemo.
So that phone call my loving sister made a promise to her friend. When she started chemo, and her hair fell out, Heidi would shave her head. So Friday night she received the text. April had had her second go of chemo and her hair was now falling out in chunks. Heidi texted her stylist and made an appointment for Saturday afternoon. I filmed the whole thing on my phone. We cannot wait to show it to April.
Sissy I love you and your compassionate, selfless love you have for all. Now you look like a cute little Q-Tip!



Shannon, thanks for sharing this! Heidi, when I first saw the picture of your shaved head on fb and then read the story of why you did it to show support for your friend I was moved to tears! You are so kind, supportive and brave! I'm blessed to know you! You are so awesome!! Love you both! I hope your friend wins her battle against cancer.
ReplyDelete