I have never been as sick as I've been in the last three months of this new year. The second of January I was in the clinic with a nasty ear and sinus infection. Then in February I went back in because my sinus was still draining and was put on round two of antibiotics for a sinus infection. So when I went into the clinic yet a gain with the same symptoms for a third time he put me on a stronger medication. It not only killed the infection but all my good bacteria as well.
Now for those who know me, know that I've never had a regular menstrual cycle. Well I started my march cycle the day they put me on the medication for the sinus infection. I figured 4-6 days and I'd be my normal self.(note to self, when has my period EVER been normal?) So when it continued on three days after I'd been on the fourteen days medication we made an appointment with the doctor. Last time this happened in the Fall of 2012 it took nine weeks before I got it to stop.
So my doctor called for blood work to be done to check my hormone levels. He also put me on an eleven day regiment of metapregesterone. This was suppose to reset my menstrual cycle. The second I went in to have my doctor discuss my blood work. My female hormones were all low. In fact they are as low some lower than a woman who is going through menopause. The doctor wanted to send me to an endocrinologist but I was still bleeding. So he set up an appointment with a local obgyn for the ninth. I've thought I'd begun to slow down a few times in the last week only to bleed heavily later in the day. By Friday I was just trying to stay ahead of the cramps that I didn't realize just how bad my coughing had been. Heidi felt yucky and we figured she had a sinus infection. So to the clinic we headed at nine o'clock at night. I insisted I was fine but my sister knew otherwise.
Doctor's office twice in a week? Why not, the result? Lung infection. Albuterol treatment and z-pak. The weekend was spent attached to the Albuterol treatment machine and in the bathroom. I visit the gynecologist in two days and I'm still bleeding. Hoping that the gynecologist has some answers and I can simply start getting better.

No comments:
Post a Comment