fam

fam

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Much needed Break....

It's been a long few weeks since Hoho's surgery and a break for me was past due.... my days consisted of twelve hours down in the school than taking care of Hoho. I finally got to my breaking point. I needed a weekend away from it all or I was going to snap. She still had restrictions so I got her a babysitter and headed on my way.
Friday Oct 17-
Davy and Boo came and picked me up around 6:45 pm. By then Kimi was there for her weekend adventure with Hoho. We stopped by Free Bird in Park City for dinner and talked. It was so nice to spend time with my brother and his sweet wife. The drive to mom and dad's was peaceful and full of excitement for our drive in the dessert the next morning. I arrived in time to snuggle with my old dog and chat with my parents before heading to bed. (a night with no interruptions)
Saturday Oct 18-
Every year dad and I go for a drive in the Desert  of Tooele to see the wild mustangs. It's become a bit of a tradition, so we loaded into the truck and headed to the Desert. We truly love the wilderness like our father. Davy, Kman, and Boo came too. Before the turn off for the wild mustangs we stopped at the hot springs and walked the trail. We found a huge snake skin which I brought back to show the kids. Because of all the hunters we didn't see a single mustang, but we enjoyed the ride and a yummy lunch at Dickies BBQ when we strolled back into town.
 
Kman was excited to take me to the new Chinese Market. He and I both suffer from celiac disease and it's extremely difficult to find authentic food and good food that is gluten free. So we climbed in his car and headed on over. One could spend hours in that store. Everything is so reasonable. By the time we finished my knee (which has been on the fritz lately was killing me) Mom made a delicious enchiladas meal and we enjoyed a family dinner. Mom and Boo had stumbled upon the wood shop and had got us all cute dye cuts to decorate.
 
my project
These are Boo and I's final product. Nothing like a little paint and glue to finish a fun day. Thanks girls for the fun craft night.
Sunday Oct 19-
No trip to the valley would be complete without a visit to see Sissy and the kiddos. Man I have missed them. Kman went with me and was a good sport. I can't believe how grownup they've become. I miss seeing them weekly. It has probably been one of the toughest things about my move to Heber City.


I was also able to go spend time with my great-aunt Edna Carter. We went to the Chinese Buffet in Chinatown and went back to her apartment and visited. She told me things about her childhood I'd never knew. My Father's family history is a mystery to us on his grandma Violet 's side. Mostly due to the fact that she passed away when my grandmother was only four years old. After we said our goodbyes we picked up grandma and headed home for Sunday dinner. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up. Hopefully I will be able to see everyone again real soon. Rested and ready...



No comments:

Post a Comment