So I kind of wanted to do something fun and exciting for the big 30... but this year has been a bit hectic. I moved to Heber last August to work as a title one aide at one of the elementary schools. I tried my darnedest to find work in Salt Lake but it just wasn't working out. I figured Heber City was a part time thing until I could find better work. Well in February I was offered a full-time job at my sister's school. I was torn but knew it was the right thing to do. I already knew the kids since I had been working there in the mornings and evenings.
I love the job and the kids and staff. When I moved in I struggled leaving my parents only for the sole purpose of my Father's health. I wanted to be there to help him but at the same time I knew I had to go where I could find work. Hoho had been struggling with her back pain for about six months when I moved in. I found myself helping her as much as she helped me. As we welcomed in 2014 we spent the months simply trying to function.
Before I knew it we were starting a new school year summer had zipped by and I found I'd sort of been in hiding. I'd missed events, birthdays, weddings, births and deaths. My sister and my job were my life. She finally had a surgery date set and truly by the time it was time to think about my birthday I had no desire. I truly just wanted to have a quiet stress free day with friends and family. So we planned a Dutch oven cookout for the first of November. It was rushed but nice to see my family. I'm thankful for my loving family and glad my momma was on the ball.


No comments:
Post a Comment