fam

fam

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's day kind of snuck up on me this year. With everything that has gone on this year in our family I had no idea what my momma would enjoy. Our family enjoys movies and yummy food so Hoho and I collaborated with the boys and decided date night on the house was much needed for the parentals.
  I'm so thankful for my mom and everything she has and continues to do for me. I know that much of the time we don't see eye to eye, but I know she loves me and is proud of me. I'm glad she installed in me the value of education and a love of books and creativity.
  It wasn't until I moved away for college that I truly understood my mother's love. Before the little mother moments as a young adult bothered me, but as I ventured out on my own coming home for short breaks seemed like a trip down memory lane. I began to enjoy the simple things. Such as home made meals, hugs from my parents and most of all just conversations with my mom.
  Now that I live 45 minutes away and in another county, I cherish the values and life lessons my mom taught me that as a younger person I rolled my eyes or mumbled my opinions at under my breath. So I guess what I'm saying is Mom thank you for making me who I am and never giving up. Love you Momzilla and Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment