Now I know that many of those whom know me well know the logistics of my best friend and Sissy. I met Sissy in high school in our freshmen year in a math class. We instantly hit it off and a friendship bloomed. By senior year we were close friends and promised we'd keep in touch. Now back story on Sissy... she was an only child of her mother and all her family lived in Colorado.
As we graduated high school and went our separate ways we kept in touch. In spring of 2008 I received a text message from her that just broke my heart. She was four months pregnant and unmarried. She said she understood if we couldn't be friends any more due to her life choices. If my parents taught me any thing it was to never judge others. I instantly responded with, "Congrats, when are you due?" From that very moment our friendship changed.
I welcomed five beautiful children in as my adopted nieces and nephew.(three through birth and two step daughters) Been there through the rough patches and darkest hours, and can successfully say that this quote above states it all! You see Sissy is my hero. Two years ago her life began to spin out of control. If she had known in a mire four months her husband would end up in jail and she'd be left to care for four young children on her own, we would have laughed in your face.
So much has happened in those two years and I'm so proud of what she has accomplished. She's had to grieve the loss of her step daughter and her husband. Find a way to support herself and four young children.(two with special needs) through this all the kiddos have grown and thrived In their new safe and loving environment. Now let me refresh your mind to the comment above. Sissy has three biological children with her ex, but is a single mother of four. Bug was the baby she was pregnant with in 2008. Bean came in 2010 and Bee in 2012. Then there is H. Sissy has been in H's life for six years. H came permanently to live with Sissy and her ex shortly after her third birthday. She's called sissy mom since she was four.
Sissy may not have given birth to miss H, but she is her mother. I have watched her love and care for each of those children without any guile, or anger. She has even prolonged the paperwork for the divorce in order to get custody of H. No matter the sacrifice or cost those kids come first. As I've watched her the last few months I have learned that a mother's love is so strong! Sissy thank you so much for blessing my life with the love of not only You, but those beautiful children as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment