So I don't know if I'm just a scrooge this year or if its from all the stress of this year, but this season just didn't feel like Christmas to me. The month zipped by and before we knew it I was on my holiday break from the elementary school. When I'm on break I help Heidi at Sunny Day Preschool and Daycare.
The weekend before Christmas all our gifts were wrapped and we started our Christmas celebrations with the Baker family. We played games and ate a wonderful meal. It was nice to relax and visit with friends. This month has been busy for Heidi and her business. We had the fire marshal check all the safety needs and got a clear bill. Tuesday was Christmas eve so we did pajama day and Polar Express with the kids. We had plans to head to Salt Lake at two, but got stuck at the school until twenty after two. My family has a Christmas eve tradition of going bowling with my dad's sister Angela and her family. We found a hidden alley in south Salt Lake and have been going there for years.
So Heidi and I got off the freeway and stopped by Sissy's house to drop off some important gifts. I miss my little buddies. Poor kiddos had been sick. We gave our love and hopped in the car so Hoho could drop me off at the bowling alley and head to her auntie Wendy's house. I was so tired by then that I felt like a zombie. After bowling Kevin and I headed to pick up Grandma from the care center for dinner at Angela's house. My stomach is still angry from the change of dosing in omeprazole. So I didn't eat much and headed home with Kevin shortly after 7.
We were all home for Christmas so Davey and Becca slept in the spare room and Heidi and I in mine. We girls stayed up and chatted until almost midnight. As we lay in bed I couldn't believe that it was Christmas eve. In fine fashion Heidi and I got up around seven. When you get up at 5:30 I guess that is sleeping in. We had our usual breakfast of sausage and stuffed French toast. After we headed to the front room and began opening gifts. It was a very simple yet beautiful Christmas. We watched Despicable Me 2 and relaxed as the ham cooked.
We were in the city a little over 24 hours but it all seem to me like a dream. I love the time with my family and wish that I could of spent more time with sissy and the kiddos. But I am grateful that it is over. Now I can have a relaxing weekend at home before Heidi and I attempt to clean out my soon to be room.

No comments:
Post a Comment