fam

fam

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shan's 2013 Review!


So this year has had so many changes. January started with my final semester at WSU. The last leg of the journey to my bachelor's of art in Creative Writing. I learned in those last four months in Ogden that I can do anything that I put my mind too. My roomies taught me that I could trust others and that  I'm strong.
  Walking across the stage in the end of April made me realize that I had earned my bachelor's with all those late night editing of papers and photos. That sometimes the strictest professors are sometimes the reasons you don't give in to late night freak outs.
Graduation breezed by and soon I was back under my parents roof and job searching at the ripe age of twenty-eight. In my spare time in May through July I helped frequently around the house as well as watched my nieces and nephew for my Sissy.  Dad had been diagnosed with a rare form of arthritis that left him unable to do the simplest of things. They wouldn't put him on a medication until August.
  I found the job market in Salt Lake very frustrating. I had half a dozen interviews only to be told that my resume being very impressive it lacked experience. I didn't mind helping my father but I knew that I needed to start applying in other Counties.
 So I called Heidi and asked her if I could put her address as my place of residency when I applied to the school district. In a matter of a month I was hired and my emotions were high. I never thought I'd move to a place like Heber City. I was worried about dad and Sissy and the kiddos. The hardest thing ever was knowing that I'd now be sixty miles away from my bff and her kiddos. My job has been a huge blessing in my life.
  When I started my search for a job I wanted a set schedule and weekends off. I never expected to find my answer in Heber City. Heidi and I have been exactly what each other needed. As 2013 comes to an end I look forward to seeing what 2014 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment