I would like to tell an important story about my hero. Heidi Barker came into my life when I was only a year old. She is the closest I ever got to having a biological sister and has taught me so much in the last twenty-eight years of my life. She worked hard to get her degree in early childhood development and had a dream there on to have her own daycare and Preschool.
Three years ago my sister was able to buy her dream school through the aid of many small but precious miracles. She promised the previous owner that she'd buy the building as soon as she got the schools affairs in order. The only problem is there's a hiccup in the buying process. The school 2000 square feet located in the basement of the house she is leasing from the former owner. Over the last three years she has gone from lender to lender trying to get some type of small business loan or first time home loan. The banks, credit unions, and lenders don't see the school as a money making business. She never will make a lot of money with the school, but there is enough to pay the bills and her staff. She has faithfully paid her lenders every month.
On the day before Thanksgiving she got a frustrating phone call. The owner of the home told Heidi that if she didn't have a decision by the new year that they'd sale the house from under her. I have watched her work her hardest and give up so much. She had 1200 set aside to restore her precious violin and donated it all to the save Sunny Day Fund. I have watched and held her hand many times as she's shed tears of fear, frustrations, anger, and hopelessness. She has brought a great change and new name and environment to the Sunny Day that has been in the town of Heber City for over twenty-five years. The kids are her family, life and livelihood. If you could find it in your heart to donate anything to the cause or at least repost the link below. I know it would mean the world to my sister and the family here at Sunny Day Preschool and Daycare.

No comments:
Post a Comment