Being an aide for reading at an elementary means I get to help administer dibels testing to grades k-6 in the district. So our school is scheduled for right after the holiday break. So we made sure to test our kids in title one as well as all of JR's kindergartners. Now the school district here in Heber City is set up differently then I'm use too. The elementary schools are Preschool through fourth grade. Then all of the elementary schools feed into the intermediate school were fifth and sixth graders go.
So all of the paraprofessionals had the joy of heading over to Timpanogas Intermediate School (whom we all refer to as T I S) to test the school. Four plus hours of the same six stories over and over as you follow on a tablet is enough to make anyone have a headache. It got to the point where each of us looked like a zombie. The rest of the week was spent testing, grading, testing and more entering. I think I have a new found adoration for teachers and the time and effort that goes into making sure their kids are on grade level. I'm looking forward to my Christmas break and the lack of lesson planning. I can sit and play with the babies at Heidi's school and spend time with my family!

No comments:
Post a Comment