fam

fam

Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome Back!

One of the many perks of working for a school district is the days off. We got two weeks off. Now that doesn't mean I got to sleep in and do absolutely nothing. Ah the joys of also helping at Heidi's school. It was great to get up and open the school in my comfy clothes. No lesson planning, just good old fashion playing and taking care of the twos-threes class.
  Getting up on the seventh and knowing I had to dress nicer for work and spend the week doing the dreaded dibels testing made me want to climb back in bed! By Wednesday afternoon we'd tested all the elementary schools in the district. After hearing the same story over a hundred times I felt like we could've recited it in my sleep. By the end of the week I just wanted to stare at the wall and sit in complete silence.
 My groups resume next week and I cannot believe how little change some have made in their reading. Some even regressed. So as a group of paraprofessionals we've made the decision to push more reading to help build their frequency and move their levels up. I've also made some personal goals to help with my lessons and making the groups fun as well as educational. Here's to hoping the second half of the school year is far more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment