I never knew so much could happen in a matter of four days. I rang in the new year with a sinus and ear infection as Heidi and I watched season three of Downton Abbey via amazon prime. It may sound crazy but I rather enjoyed the quietness of being home on New Year's Eve. (and yes by home I mean Heber City where I now live)
My biggest change for the new year will be going gluten free. Since mid September I've had what I believed to be a peptic ulcer. They put me on a strong dose of omeprazole and it seemed to calm it temporarily. I tried cutting fried foods as well, but my belly still seemed to cringe no matter what I ate. By late November I noticed it didn't matter what I ate about a half a hour to a hour later I would be folded over in pain.
I also began to notice other strange things. I had scaly rashes on my forearms and sores everywhere in my mouth. I knew when my brother was diagnosed with celiac disease two years ago that there was a chance that my siblings or I could have it as well or be gluten intolerant. I also knew that I had many of the symptoms. So I did what most people do who presume they may have an allergy. I removed the allergen.
Within days I noticed a difference. My gut didn't ache after I'd eaten. My rash on my arms stopped spreading and slowly started to disappear. More than anything I myself felt better. So I still wonder why I never took the time to get the blood work done to test for gluten intolerance while I lived in Ogden. I had a roommate whom was sensitive to wheat and one whom couldn't have it at all. Maybe it was just God's way of preparing me to do the switch on my own. All I know is that transition has been a bit rocky but my body feels so much better!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment