So I know it's hard to see, but my arms have a horrible dermatitis rash between my fingers all the way down to my elbow on my forearms. The worst being on my left. Referred to as "chicken skin" it is common in those who've just changed their diet from normal to gluten free. Because your body can't digest the wheat and the gut is being destroyed. It isn't contagious, but looks horrible.
The bumpy pimple like rash has left this gal feeling quite self conscious of what I wear out in public. It slowly is clearing but any time I'm accidentally exposed to gluten I find the rash becoming more noticeable. My last big whoops was accidentally using some Aveeno shampoo that contained wheat grass. I've learned to read every thing. Amongst my frustrations I've found some success.
I finally perfected gluten free mac and cheese.(not one of those specialty four dollar boxes either!) I'm hoping to try a few other new recipes soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment