fam

fam

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful for Support

It has been a very tiring, stressful and trying semester. I started Fall semester with a job and a pinched nerve.  My job due to a lack of funding had to let me go in the beginning of September. My school schedule was crazy and unless I found something on campus working was nearly impossible. So I concentrated on my classes and Physical Therapy for the pinched nerve in my back.
  School kept me busy and I knew as long as I watched my money and did my best I could make it on my financial aid. Everyone that knows me well knows that my cycle has never been real regular. In the tail end of September I started. I didn't think anything of it. I knew I couldn't take ibuprofen because the pain killer they'd proscribed for my nerve pain had given me an ulcer. My cramps are always painful but I figured two to three days of cramps was better then feeling like I constantly wanted to vomit. One small problem one week turned into over two months of steady bleeding.
 To make a long story short I went to the clinic on campus after three weeks to be told that birth control wasn't an option due to high blood pressure. So I was given a medication to bring down my BP and told to go to a Gynecologist. By the time I got in to see the doctor I'd been bleeding almost six weeks and was extremely anemic and lethargic. She put me on a medication to stop the bleeding which ended just shortly after the two month mark. Blood work was ordered to see if we could find a cause but it came back clean.
  My goal during the break is to figure out what is causing my BP to be high and to take care of it so I can feel like my normal self. needless to say do to all my medical expenses it made me struggle a bit to cover my last months rent before the new year. I made an appointment with my bishop and explained what had been going on this semester. He paid my rent for December and gave me a food order.
  As many people know the LDS church has a place called the Bishop's Store House to help those who need food. Having been a Relief Society President I've sat down with members and filled out the paperwork in order to get them food. I on the other hand have never been on the receiving end until now. As I went in with my order I was greeted by wonderful couple missionaries who helped me fill my order. I am thankful for a Bishop and Relief society president who love and support me. I know now I can make it through the rest of the semester knowing my rent is paid and I have food to eat. I truly am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment