fam

fam

Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Graduate

Shany and Katie Shock

 Graduation started bright and early at the Dee Events Center at 7:30 am on Friday the 26. In the email they sent all graduates it stated that if you attended the morning ceremony you would receive a bronze Weber State medallion. Of course Paigy and I wanted our medallion so up at 6 am we were. They had us line up by schools so I got to hangout with all my favorite English nerds.  A good chunk of the Metaphor gang was there as well as my friend Katie who was an English major and Photo minor just like me. We meet in our photo classes.
By the epic WSU sign
Heidi, Dad, Shany, and Mom

Dad, Shany, Mom, Heidi

Parentals and I 

Shany and Hoho

My parents and Heidi came for my graduation. Because of Dad's bad back I didn't have my parents stay for the one I walked at. After we met Paigy and her family for pictures at the WSU sign we went back to my apartment to load the truck up with my stuff. Afterwards we went to lunch at a nice BBQ place.
Shany and Paigy
2013 Grads

We did it!

Weird to think we are officially done here...
After lunch Heidi and I had a bit of time to waste. The Telthia School of Arts and Humanities wasn't scheduled to do their ceremony until 2:30 pm. So we visited Deseret Book and Old Navy and then headed back to Campus. I got to hangout with all my English friends again. It was weird to realize I wouldn't be sitting through anymore classes with them. Some of them I may never see again. As I walked across the stage and got hugs from some of my favorite professors I began to realize that I'd done it. I'd gotten my bachelors.
Jenn and Shan
My boss for Metaphor this past year

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Shannon! Congratulations. We are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete