fam

fam

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Family is more than Genetic Code



Sissy and I Spring 2011
Katie and I met in our sophomore year at Highland and have been friends for the past thirteen years. After we graduated high school we didn't see each other much. In the summer of 2008 she texted me and informed me that she was pregnant and unwed. she told me she understood if I didn't want to be her friend anymore. Shocked by her last sentence I quickly replied, "Congrats when are you due?" Since that moment we haven't gone a week without texting or talking to one another via phone or Facebook. 
Hermione 6.5 yrs, Katie, Abby 2.5 yrs
  Lots has happened in the last five years and I have gained four beautiful nieces and one handsome nephew. I'm so proud of  her and the wonderful mother she is to her kiddos. It's not easy to be a single mother to four kids under the age of six in a half. For the first four years of her life as a mother she was a stay at home mom. But ten months ago that all changed. My best friend's life was turned upside down. suddenly she was left to support four young children and had zero income. I watched her as she struggled to get on her feet doing the best I could to help while working on my final year of my bachelors. I wanted so much to hug her and tell her everything would be alright. I made sure every time I came to Salt Lake to spend time with Sissy and the kids. I got things for the kiddos that they needed and spent many of my trips home with Sissy and the kiddos. 
Hermione 6.5, Aiden 4.5,
Abbygail 2.5, and Charlotte 12 mo.
 Now Sissy's kids have always called me Auntie. It's been that way since Aiden Jay was born. Sissy is an only child and so we adopted one another as kin long ago. Since I've moved back form Ogden I've been able to spend tons of time with Sissy and the kiddos. This has made my love for her and the kids grow by ten fold. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for those kiddos or Sissy. I'm so proud of you and all that you've been doing to make your life and the kiddos better. I'm rooting for you always! Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment