fam

fam

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Final Semester as a WSU Wildcat!

  Its hard to believe that I'm on my final semester as a Weber State wildcat. Because I'm in my final semester my schedule is real late in the day. (this is what happens when the classes you need are only offered once that semester and later in the day) My classes are 3 days a week and on Monday and Wednesday they go from 11:30 am to after 5 pm.
  It's the new semester and it's starting with a bang. submissions for Metaphor are due on the 18th. Metaphor is the literary journal for non-grad students at WSU. I was made the non-fiction editor last semester. Spring is the busiest semester for us because its when we go through submissions and start putting together the book. I signed up for the Metaphor class which is an easy A and works for workshop credit which every Creative Writing student needs. Because it's the first week of school clubs and orgs had all the clubs set up tables in the union building to get new members. Jenn (editor and chief of metaphor) and I sat at our table for Metaphor for an hour in a half  before going to Spanish this morning.
 The nice thing about being so far in my program is I know people in everyone of my classes. Jenn is in my Spanish 2020 class with me. After 3 semesters with the same Professor I had to switch to a new one. She is nice but much stricter. We are two classes in and I've already put so much time into reviewing. Thankfully about half of the class was in my previous class and we've exchanged numbers with one another. I hope to retain more of it this semester.
I had one more genre class to take for my major and after doing some poetry, biographical writing and such I decided to go with Journal and Notebook Writing. I'm taking this with a professor I've taken before. He's also the same professor who is helping me with my senior portfolio. I'm excited to learn more about common place books and the importance of writing an annotating.
 I'm taking my last class for my minor as well. Studio Lighting with the same professor as I took Seminar from in the Fall. It's going to be a challenging as well as enjoyable class. The class has 11 people and 9 of them are from my seminar class. Which is nice because we've all worked with each other before. I'm excited to see what I learn and can use to improve my photography. I just on Wednesdays it didn't over lap with Metaphor.
 All in all I'm excited to see what my final semester has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment