fam

fam

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Project

So if anyone knows me well they know two important things about me. First I was born on Halloween, second I love skeletons. I bought this black material back in the beginning of October with all the intentions of making a cape for Halloween. With my hectic semester and all my health issues last semester it just didn't happen.

  During Thanksgiving break Heidi and I found the blue flannel on sale at Walmart so she bought me enough to make a blanket. I knew the project would have to wait until after finals and my Winter break. so I put the material aside for later. My mom loves to sew. When I should her the material she asked me what I wanted to do with it. "I want you to teach me how to make a blanket." So armed with a Walmart gift card I bought batting and yarn to tie my blanket. (Now I originally bought a soft black to tie it with but then my mom brought up that it wouldn't show. the only other color that worked that I had was this veragated  pink...) I took me a couple days to tie and quite a few movies. In the end I am very pleased with the outcome. Also its great in my cold apartment on those chilly nights when it drops to the single digits. Thanks Momzilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment