Its hard to believe we've made it to the big revel of the book we've been working so hard on! I managed to get one of my poems published this year, and since Quincy and I were picking the poetry pieces to read at the gala we put me on to take care of my public reading requirement! Jen and I took everything to the ballroom at 2:30 and started setting up. Everything went splendid and we had a great turnout. It even stopped snowing long enough for the sun to come out. After the program we had signings and socializing. I'm glad its over and think it went great. Here is my piece that was published...
Nebula
The room seems far away
as she sits in the chair, listening
to the lecture. Her eyes gloss over,
sweat beads on her face.
Damn the need for good grades.
The drowning of Einstein’s Dreams, time,
space,
worlds and chaos. What do you
dream?
Nostalgic
thoughts of warmth and sleep?
Her temple throbs. Swirling black holes,
wormholes, cheesy PBS documentary
on the big screen. Wouldn't you like to visit the future?
Fantasies of luscious galaxies of pure
bliss.
With a flick the room lights up;
her body shakes with a ghostly gleam.
Trying to anchor her balance,
round two can be avoided.
Feet flat she presses forward. Syntax
eluded as the gabble moves her onward.
Slowly she treks home down the hilly
campus. The saunter shuffle of her Toms
through the fall leaves. Trudging
forward
into the vacant dungeon. Time, what is it?
Slinking into darkness she pulls the
comforter
to her chin, slithering sleeplessly into chimera.
Great poem! I can see why they chose it for publication.
ReplyDelete